Big Three Safari Package
Private, 3 day/2-night wildlife safari to Tarangire, Lake Manyara and the Ngorongoro Crater, plus 2 nights’ accommodation at The Vijiji Center Lodge and Safari in Arusha, and 2 airport transfers
(Add an extra night at The Vijiji Center for a more relaxed experience for just $40 USD/person!)
$1180 USD/person (based on two adults sharing)
Price based on double occupancy and includes:
- 2 nights’ accommodation (including breakfast) at The Vijiji Center Lodge & Safari, Arusha
- Airport pickup and drop off
- 3 day/2-night private safari in a 4 x 4 safari vehicle with pop-up wildlife viewing roof
- Experienced, professional driver/guide
- All national park and conservation area entrance fees
- Cultural tourism fees
- All meals and accommodations while staying in the safari lodges and hotels
- Gratuities for your driver/guide.
Prices do not include:
- Beverages such as soda, bottled water and alcohol purchased while staying at the safari lodges or at The Vijiji Center
- Lunch or dinner at The Vijiji Center; these are available at an extra charge
- Gratuities for staff at the safari lodges or for the staff at The Vijiji Center
- One of our most popular safari packages!
- Full-day safari in Tarangire National Park, with majestic baobab trees, sweeping grasslands and stunning vistas of the lush river valley. Tarangire is home to large herds of elephants, a variety of herbivores (zebra, antelope, buffalo and wildebeest), the playful warthog, cheetahs, leopards and lions, and a host of birds and other creatures.
- Full-day safari in Lake Manyara National Park, home of the famous tree-climbing lions. This park borders a large lake that offers year-round water for a wide variety of species, including hippos and flamingos. In the forests, you’ll see large troops of baboons, elephants and giraffe, while the open areas provide habitat for zebra, wildebeest, buffalo and antelope.
- Visit a Maasai boma for cultural tourism and a chance to learn about the traditional way of life of one of Tanzania’s most recognized tribes.
- Full-day safari in The Ngorongoro Crater Conservation Area, the world’s largest unflooded, unbroken volcanic caldera, and a truly breathtaking natural wonder that’s home to several prides of lions, as well as hippos, wildebeest, zebra, gazelle and buffalo and offers your best chance to spot the elusive black rhino.
- 2 nights’ safari accommodation at Burudika Manyara Lodge (http://burudikalodges.com) or similar accommodations, subject to availability
- 2 nights’ accommodations at The Vijiji Center Lodge and Safari in Arusha
Itinerary in Brief:
- Day 1: Karibu – welcome - to Tanzania. Our driver will meet you at the airport outside of Arrivals and bring you to The Vijiji Center for overnight.
- Day 2: After an early breakfast at The Vijiji Center, you’ll travel west through Maasai homelands into the Great Rift Valley and Tarangire National Park. Spend the day on game drive in the park, with a picnic lunch overlooking the Tarangire River. Leave the park late afternoon and travel to the town of Mto wa Mbu on the shores of Lake Manyara for dinner and overnight at Burudika Manyara Lodge.
- Day 3: After a leisurely breakfast at camp, make the short drive to Lake Manyara National Park for your full-day game drive. Explore the forests, watching for the famous tree-climbing lions, large troops of baboons, as well as blue monkeys and green vervet monkeys. Picnic overlooking the lake, and continue safari in search of elephants, giraffe, wildebeest, zebra and their friends. Leave the park in the late afternoon and visit a nearby Maasai Boma, to learn about their traditional way of life. Return to Burudika Manyara Lodge for dinner and overnight.
- Day 4: After an early breakfast at the lodge, begin the drive out of the Rift Valley and up into the Ngorongoro Highlands to the entrance to the Ngorongoro Crater. Once inside the park, make your way to a viewpoint on the crater’s rim for a spectacular view and photos before descending into the crater for your game drive. Enjoy your picnic lunch beside a large wetland, with plenty of hippos to entertain. Ascend out of the Crater in the late afternoon and return to Arusha and The Vijiji Center for overnight.
- Day 5: After breakfast, relax at The Vijiji Center or, for an additional charge, take one of our cultural tours (https://vijijicenter.com/vijiji-cultural-tours-and-activities.html) before our driver takes you to the airport for your return flight. Karibu tena Tanzania!
Have any questions regarding this Safari? Click here to contact us.