Serengeti & The Ngorongoro Crater (4 days/3 nights)
4 day/3-night wildlife safari to Serengeti National Park and Ngorongoro Crater, plus 2 nights’ accommodation at The Vijiji Center Lodge and Safari in Arusha, and 2 airport transfers
(Add an extra night at The Vijiji Center for a more relaxed experience for just $40 USD/person!)
Lodge & Luxury Tented Camp Option:
Enjoy the extra comfort and hospitality of lodges and luxury tented camps after your day of safari!
$1995 USD/person (based on 2 people sharing)
Budget Friendly Camping Option:
If you’d like to see all the same amazing sights, but spend a little less money, why not consider a budget-friendly camping safari? Your package includes everything listed above, BUT, you stay in public or private campgrounds. We provide the tents, mattresses, sleeping bags and a cook. The itinerary may vary slightly from that listed below, so contact us for details.
Price based on double occupancy and includes:
- 2 nights’ accommodation (including breakfast) at The Vijiji Center Lodge & Safari, Arusha
- Airport pickup and drop off
- 4 day/3-night in your own private 4 x 4 safari vehicle with pop-up wildlife viewing roof
- Experienced, professional driver/guide
- All national park and conservation area entrance fees
- All meals and accommodations while staying in the safari lodges and hotels
Prices do not include:
- Beverages such as soda, bottled water and alcohol purchased while staying at the safari lodges or at The Vijiji Center
- Lunch or dinner at The Vijiji Center; these are available at an extra charge
- Gratuities your driver/guide, for staff at the safari lodges, or for the staff at The Vijiji Center
- If visiting the world-famous Serengeti is on your list of things to do – this is your safari!
- Travel directly to the Serengeti and spend 3 nights in a tented lodge surrounded by the sights and sounds of the “endless plains”. Enjoy a game drive exploring the sweeping grasslands, meandering rivers and lush wetlands of the Seronera region in search of wildebeest, zebra, hippos, giraffe, buffalo and of course, lions, leopards and cheetahs.
- Full-day safari to The Ngorongoro Crater, the world’s largest unflooded, unbroken volcanic caldera, and a truly breathtaking natural wonder that’s home to several prides of lions, as well as hippos, wildebeest, zebra, gazelle and buffalo and offers your best chance to spot the elusive black rhino.
- 3 nights’ safari accommodations at Serengeti Heritage Luxury Tented Camps (https://www.heritagecampsandlodges.com/) or similar depending on availability
- 2 nights’ accommodations at The Vijiji Center Lodge and Safari in Arusha
Lodge & Luxury Tented Camp Itinerary
- Day 1: Karibu – welcome - to Tanzania. Our driver will meet you at the airport outside of Arrivals and bring you to The Vijiji Center for overnight.
- Day 2: After an early breakfast at The Vijiji Center, travel west through the Maasai homelands and then up into the Ngorongoro Highlands, passing along the rim of the Ngorongoro Crater as you make your way to the Serengeti. The trip takes approximately 8 hours, with a stop for a picnic lunch along the way. After leaving the park entrance gates, safari en route into our tented lodge, Serengeti Heritage Luxury Tented Camp (https://www.heritagecampsandlodges.com/) for dinner and overnight.
- Day 3: Rise with the sun today for an early morning game drive and a chance to spot the big cats with their prey. Return to camp late morning for a hot lunch and time to relax. Venture out again in the late afternoon for another game drive, returning before sunset for dinner and overnight at Serengeti Heritage.
- Day 4: Wake up to another full day of adventure in the Serengeti. Begin with breakfast at camp and then an early morning game drive exploring areas not visited the day before. Return to camp late morning for a hot lunch and time to relax. Venture out again in the late afternoon for another game drive, returning before sunset for dinner and overnight at Serengeti Heritage.
- Day 5: After an early breakfast, safari en route out the Serengeti and back into the Ngorongoro Conservation Area. At the rim of the Crater, stop to enjoy the spectacular view and take a few photos before descending the steep slope to the Crater’s floor for your game drive. Enjoy a picnic lunch beside a large wetland, with plenty of hippos to entertain. In late afternoon, ascend out of the Crater and travel back to Arusha for overnight at The Vijiji Center.
- Day 6: After breakfast, relax at The Vijiji Center or, for an additional charge, take one of our cultural tours (https://vijijicenter.com/vijiji-cultural-tours-and-activities.html) before our driver takes you to the airport for your return flight. Karibu tena Tanzania!
Have any questions regarding this Safari? Click here to contact us.