Tarangire & Lake Manyara (2 days/1 night)
2 day/1-night wildlife safari to Tarangire National Park and Lake Manyara National Park, plus 2 nights’ accommodation at The Vijiji Center Lodge and Safari in Arusha, and 2 airport transfers
(Add an extra night at The Vijiji Center for a more relaxed experience for just $40 USD/person!)
Lodge & Luxury Tented Camp Option:
Enjoy the extra comfort and hospitality of lodges and luxury tented camps after your day of safari!
$695 USD/person (based on 2 people sharing)
Budget Friendly Camping Option:
If you’d like to see all the same amazing sights, but spend a little less money, why not consider a budget-friendly camping safari? Your package includes everything listed above, BUT, you stay in public or private campgrounds. We provide the tents, mattresses, sleeping bags and a cook. The itinerary may vary slightly from that listed below, so contact us for details.
$585 USD/person (based on 2 people sharing)
Price based on double occupancy and includes:
- 2 nights’ accommodation (including breakfast) at The Vijiji Center Lodge & Safari, Arusha
- Airport pickup and drop off
- 2 day/1-night in your own private 4 x 4 safari vehicle with pop-up wildlife viewing roof
- Experienced, professional driver/guide
- All national park and conservation area entrance fees
- All meals and accommodations while staying in the safari lodges and hotels
Prices do not include:
- Beverages such as soda, bottled water and alcohol purchased while staying at the safari lodges or at The Vijiji Center
- Lunch or dinner at The Vijiji Center; these are available at an extra charge
- Gratuities for your driver/guide, staff at the safari lodges, or for the staff at The Vijiji Center
- If you want a wildlife safari experience, but have limited time or a limited budget, this safari package is for you!
- Full-day safari in Tarangire National Park, with majestic baobab trees, sweeping grasslands and stunning vistas of the lush river valley. Tarangire is home to large herds of elephants, a variety of herbivores (zebra, antelope, buffalo and wildebeest), the playful warthog, cheetahs, leopards and lions, and a host of birds and other creatures.
- Full-day safari in Lake Manyara National Park, home of the famous tree-climbing lions. This park borders a large lake that offers year-round water for a wide variety of species, including hippos and flamingos. In the forests, you’ll see large troops of baboons, elephants and giraffe, while the open areas provide habitat for zebra, wildebeest, buffalo and antelope.
- 1 nights’ accommodation at Africa Safari Lake Manyara (https://manyara-safari.com/)
- 2 nights’ accommodations at The Vijiji Center Lodge and Safari in Arusha
Lodge & Luxury Tented Camp Itinerary
- Day 1: Karibu – welcome - to Tanzania. Our driver will meet you at the airport outside of Arrivals and bring you to The Vijiji Center for overnight.
- Day 2: After an early breakfast at The Vijiji Center, you’ll travel west through Maasai homelands into the Great Rift Valley and Tarangire National Park. Spend the day on game drive in the park, with a picnic lunch overlooking the Tarangire River. Leave the park late afternoon and travel to the town of Mto wa Mbu on the shores of Lake Manyara to your tented camp at Africa Safari Lake Manyara (https://manyara-safari.com/) or similar for dinner and overnight
- Day 3: After a leisurely breakfast at camp, make the short drive to Lake Manyara National Park for your full-day game drive. Explore the forests, watching for the famous tree-climbing lions, large troops of baboons, as well as blue monkeys and green vervet monkeys. Picnic overlooking the lake, and continue safari in search of elephants, giraffe, wildebeest, zebra and their friends. Leave the park in the late afternoon and return to Arusha and The Vijiji Center for overnight.
- Day 4: After breakfast, relax at The Vijiji Center or, for an additional charge, take one of our cultural tours (https://vijijicenter.com/vijiji-cultural-tours-and-activities.html) before our driver takes you to the airport for your return flight. Karibu tena Tanzania!
Have any questions regarding this Safari? Click here to contact us.