Tarangire, Lake Manyara, Serengeti & The Ngorongoro Crater (5 days/4 nights)
5 day/4-night wildlife safari to Tarangire, the Serengeti, the Ngorongoro Crater and Lake Manyara, plus 2 nights’ accommodation at The Vijiji Center Lodge and Safari in Arusha, and 2 airport transfers.
(Add an extra night for a more relaxed experience for just $40 USD/person!)
Lodge & Luxury Tented Camp Option:
Enjoy the extra comfort and hospitality of lodges and luxury tented camps after your day of safari!
$2180 USD/person (based on 2 people sharing)
Budget Friendly Camping Option:
If you’d like to see all the same amazing sights, but spend a little less money, why not consider a budget-friendly camping safari? Your package includes everything listed above, BUT, you stay in public or private campgrounds. We provide the tents, mattresses, sleeping bags and a cook. The itinerary may vary slightly from that listed below, so contact us for details.
$1660 USD/person (based on 2 people sharing).
Price based on double occupancy and includes:
- 2 nights’ accommodation (including breakfast) at The Vijiji Center Lodge & Safari, Arusha
- Airport pickup and drop off
- 5 day/4-night in your own private 4 x 4 safari vehicle with pop-up wildlife viewing roof
- Experienced, professional driver/guide
- All national park and conservation area entrance fees
- All meals and accommodations while staying in the safari lodges and hotels
Prices do not include:
- Beverages such as soda, bottled water and alcohol purchased while staying at the safari lodges or at The Vijiji Center
- Lunch or dinner at The Vijiji Center; these are available at an extra charge
- Gratuities for your driver/guide, staff at the safari lodges or for the staff at The Vijiji Center
- If you want to explore the incredible natural diversity of the Northern Circuit Parks, this is your safari package!
- Full-day safari in Tarangire National Park, with majestic baobab trees, sweeping grasslands and stunning vistas of the lush river valley. Tarangire is home to large herds of elephants, a variety of herbivores (zebra, antelope, buffalo and wildebeest), the playful warthog, cheetahs, leopards and lions, and a host of birds and other creatures.
- Travel to the world-famous Serengeti and spend 2 nights in a tented lodge surrounded by the sights and sounds of the “endless plains”. And, enjoy a full day’s game drive exploring the sweeping grasslands, meandering rivers and lush wetlands of the Seronera region in search of wildebeest, zebra, hippos, giraffe, buffalo and of course, lions, leopards and cheetahs.
- Full-day safari to The Ngorongoro Crater, the world’s largest unflooded, unbroken volcanic caldera, and a truly breathtaking natural wonder that’s home to several prides of lions, as well as hippos, wildebeest, zebra, gazelle and buffalo and offers your best chance to spot the elusive black rhino.
- Full-day safari in Lake Manyara National Park, home of the famous tree-climbing lions. This park borders a large lake that offers year-round water for a wide variety of species, including hippos and flamingos. In the forests, you’ll see large troops of baboons, elephants and giraffe, while the open areas provide habitat for zebra, wildebeest, buffalo and antelope.
- Visit a Maasai boma for cultural tourism and a chance to learn about the traditional way of life of one of Tanzania’s most recognized tribes.
- 2 nights’ safari accommodation at Africa Safari Lake Manyara (https://manyara-safari.com) or similar accommodations, subject to availability
- 2 nights’ safari accommodations at Serengeti Heritage Luxury Tented Camp (https://www.heritagecampsandlodges.com) or similar accommodations depending upon availability
- 2 nights’ accommodations at The Vijiji Center Lodge and Safari in Arusha
Lodge & Luxury Tented Camp Itinerary
- Day 1: Karibu – welcome - to Tanzania. Our driver will meet you at the airport outside of Arrivals and bring you to The Vijiji Center for overnight.
- Day 2: After an early breakfast at The Vijiji Center, you’ll travel west through Maasai homelands into the Great Rift Valley and Tarangire National Park. Spend the day on game drive in the park, with a picnic lunch overlooking the Tarangire River. Leave the park late afternoon and travel to the town of Mto wa Mbu on the shores of Lake Manyara for dinner and overnight at Africa Safari Lake Manyara.
- Day 3: After an early breakfast at the lodge, travel from the Great Rift Valley up into the Ngorongoro Highlands as you make your way to the Serengeti. The trip takes approximately 6 hours, with a stop at the park gates for lunch, and then safari en route to Serengeti Heritage Luxury Tented Camps (https://www.heritagecampsandlodges.com/) for dinner and overnight.
- Day 4: Rise with the sun today for an early morning game drive and a chance to spot the big cats with their prey. Return to camp late morning for a hot lunch and time to relax. Venture out again in the late afternoon for another game drive, returning before sunset for dinner and overnight at Serengeti Heritage Luxury Tented Camp.
- Day 5: After an early breakfast, safari en route out of the Serengeti and back into the Ngorongoro Conservation Area. At the rim of the Crater, stop to enjoy the spectacular view and take a few photos before descending the steep slope to the Crater’s floor for your game drive. Enjoy a picnic lunch beside a large wetland, with plenty of hippos to entertain. In late afternoon, ascend out of the Crater and travel back to the Great Rift Valley for dinner and overnight at Africa Safari Lake Manyara.
- Day 6: After a leisurely breakfast at camp, make the short drive to Lake Manyara National Park for your full-day game drive. Explore the forests, watching for the famous tree-climbing lions, large troops of baboons, as well as blue monkeys and green vervet monkeys. Picnic overlooking the lake, and continue safari in search of elephants, giraffe, wildebeest, zebra and their friends. Leave the park mid-afternoon and return to Arusha and The Vijiji Center for overnight.
- Day 7: After breakfast, relax at The Vijiji Center or, for an additional charge, take one of our cultural tours (https://vijijicenter.com/vijiji-cultural-tours-and-activities.html) before our driver takes you to the airport for your return flight. Karibu tena Tanzania!
Have any questions regarding this Safari? Click here to contact us.