Blankets, Beads & Bomas - Walking Safari in the Maasai Homelands
$35 USD/child (12 years and under)
- Full-day guided walking safari to a Maasai community.
- Visit a Maasai boma and learn about their traditional ways of life.
- Enjoy a picnic lunch.
- Small-group tour; limited to 6 people.
Prices do not include:
- Gratuities for your driver/guide or for the staff at The Vijiji Center
The Maasai, with their colorful blankets, beaded jewelry and fierce warriors, are perhaps the most well-known of Tanzania’s many tribes. Join us for a walking safari in Maasai homelands west of Arusha to learn how these traditional pastoralists are adapting to a changing world. We’ll be greeted by your Maasai guide, who will introduce you to Maasai culture and lead you on walking safari through their community. You’ll visit several bomas (households), meet Maasai men and women, and learn about their cultural traditions and the important role that livestock plays in their daily lives.
- Departs from Vijiji Center at 8 am, returns late afternoon.
- Price includes transportation, 1 litre bottled water, your Maasai guide and picnic lunch.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes, sunscreen and/or a hat and be sure to bring your camera!
- All tours begin and end at The Vijiji Center in Nguruma Village.
- Hotel pickup or drop off available at extra cost.
Have any questions regarding this Safari? Click here to contact us.