Private, full-day wildlife safari to Lake Manyara National Park
$210 USD/person (based on two adults sharing)
- Private, full-day safari to Lake Manyara National Park.
- Search the forests for Lake Manyara’s famous tree-climbing lions.
- Look along the lakeshore for elephants, giraffe, buffalo and hippos.
- Picnic overlooking the hot springs and take the interpretive boardwalk out into Lake Manyara.
- Includes the expertise of a knowledgeable guide.
- A private safari in a 4x4 safari vehicle with pop-up wildlife viewing roof.
- An experienced, professional driver/guide.
- All National Park entrance fees.
- A picnic lunch and 2 litre of bottled water.
- Gratuities for your driver/guide.
- Hotel pickup and drop off.
Lake Manyara National Park, at the bottom of the Great Rift Valley, borders a large alkaline lake that offers year-round water for a variety of species, including many species of migratory waterfowl (including two species of flamingos). Your safari leaves The Vijiji Center at 8 am and travels west through Maasai homelands before arriving at the park entrance approximately 1.5 hours later. Lake Manyara is quite forested and is famous for its tree-climbing lions and large population of baboons, but you’ll also see elephants, giraffe, buffalo, zebra, wildebeest and hippos all taking advantage of the well-watered environment. There’s a short, interpretive boardwalk out into the lake that showcases the park’s natural hot springs and offers opportunities for viewing water birds and hippos enjoying a mud bath. This is a great spot for lunch too! After lunch, you’ll continue with your safari, leaving the park in the late afternoon to return to Arusha.
- Hotel pickup: 7am
- Departure: 8am from The Vijiji Center
- Return: Time vary; all tours return to The Vijiji Center and/or your hotel
Have any questions regarding this Safari? Click here to contact us.