Private, Full-Day Wildlife Safari to the Ngorongoro Crater Conservation Area
$415 USD/person (based on two adults sharing)
- A private, full-day safari to the Ngorongoro Crater.
- Explore the world’s largest unflooded, unbroken volcanic caldera.
- Search for the elusive rhino and the other members of the Big Five.
- Picnic beside the Ngoitokoko Swamp and watch the hippos.
- Includes the expertise of a knowledgeable guide.
- A private safari in a 4x4 safari vehicle with pop-up wildlife viewing roof.
- An experienced, professional driver/guide.
- All National Park entrance fees.
- A picnic lunch and 2 litre of bottled water.
- Hotel pickup and drop off.
Prices do not include:
- Gratuities for your driver/guide or for the staff at The Vijiji Center
Your safari to the Ngorongoro Crater takes you west through Maasai homelands, down through the Great Rift Valley, and then up into the Ngorongoro Highlands before reaching the park entrance, approximately 2 hours from Arusha. Once inside the park, you’ll make you way to a viewpoint on the Crater’s rim for a spectacular view and photos before descending the steep slopes into the crater for your game drive. The deep volcanic crater is truly a breathtaking natural wonder. It’s the largest unflooded and unbroken caldera in the world and covers an area of approximately 300 km2. It’s home to several large prides of lions, elephants, wildebeest, zebra and gazelle, hippos and buffalo – to name a few – and gives you the best opportunity to spot the elusive black rhino. You’ll have a picnic lunch beside a large lake and swampland, where the crater’s large hippo population and clever, lunch-grabbing birds will be sure to entertain you. In mid-afternoon, you’ll begin the ascent out of the crater and return to Arusha.
- Hotel pickup: 7am
- Departure: 8am from The Vijiji Center
- Return: Time vary; all tours return to The Vijiji Center and/or your hotel
Have any questions regarding this Safari? Click here to contact us.