Private, Guided Full-Day Hike to the Shira Plateau on Mt. Kilimanjaro
$300 USD/person (based on two adults sharing)
- A private, guided hike on one of the world’s most famous mountains.
- Explore the unique, higher-elevation landscapes of Mt. Kilimanjaro.
- Enjoy stunning vistas of the plains below and the peaks above.
- Picnic at Shira Base Camp and take in the bustle of camp life on the mountain.
- Includes the expertise of a knowledgeable mountain guide.
- Private, guided trek with transportation from The Vijiji Center to the Shira Plateau.
- All National Park entrance fees.
- A picnic lunch and 2 litre of bottled water.
- Hotel pickup and drop off.
Prices do not include:
- Gratuities for your driver/guide or for the staff at The Vijiji Center
Get a taste of trekking on Mt. Kilimanjaro without climbing all the way to the top! This day hike to the beautiful Shira Plateau begins at 3600 m and takes you through the shrub-steppe on the lower slopes of Mt. Kilimanjaro. You’ll hike for approximately 2 hours, with little elevation gain, to one of the base camps used by people trekking this world-famous mountain. You’ll have your picnic lunch there and you can watch the hustle and bustle of guides, porters, cooks and clients arriving and setting up camp for the night. It’s a great spot for photos, too, with views to the top of Mt. Kilimanjaro. In the early afternoon, you’ll hike back to the vehicles for your return trip to Arusha.
- Hotel pickup: 7am
- Departure: 8am from The Vijiji Center
- Return: Time vary; all tours return to The Vijiji Center and/or your hotel
Have any questions regarding this Safari? Click here to contact us.