The Meru people of Nguruma Village have been growing coffee on the slopes of Mt. Meru for more than 100 years. Come, visit the fields of our local coffee-growers, and learn about the origins of coffee, how to plant and harvest it, and what it takes to get coffee from “bean to cup”. Then, return to The Vijiji Center and roast your own coffee from fresh, local beans and enjoy the fruits of your labour along with a delicious traditional meal prepared by The Vijiji Center.
- 3 hour guided walking safari in Nguruma Village.
- Visit small, locally-owned coffee farms on the slopes of Mt. Meru.
- Discover how coffee is grown, harvested and processed by our local farmers.
- Roast, grind and brew your own coffee after the tour.
- Enjoy a delicious traditional lunch at The Vijiji Center.
- Small-group tour; limited to 6 people.
- Price includes your guided tour, 1 litre of bottled water, and lunch at The Vijiji Center.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes, sunscreen and/or a hat and be sure to bring your camera!
- All tours begin and end at The Vijiji Center in Nguruma Village.
- Hotel pickup or drop off available at extra cost.
- $25 USD/adult
- $10 USD/child (must be accompanied by a parent)